Washington State Requirements

There are no Continuing Education requirements. 

Anyone in Washington doing an invasive procedure such as phlebotomy must have a medical assistant certification as long as they don’t already have a healthcare professional license such as RN, LPN, MD, etc.

For additional information, visit the Washington State Department of Health, Laboratory Quality Assurance.