Revised August 2010. Additions and refinements throughout this essential course for foodservice managers, supervisors and administrators provide valuable tools and techniques for managing personnel. Managers must get the most from every employee, and Lynne provides advanced, yet practical and clear, strategies to boost efficiency. Based on a 10-step approach to organizing workplaces, tasks and personnel, this course is based on actual foodservice scenarios, not vague management theories. Includes numerous training tools and handouts.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define the value of working efficiently.
- Alter the process of assignments to make them easier.
- Identify the terminology that is used by those who increase productivity.
- Combine elements of a task to make it more efficient.
- Determine how to economize on time and energy to make the work easier.
- Estimate the time that can be saved by employing a more efficient method.
- Describe a method or procedure that will reduce cost of production.
- Identify procedures that are efficient and integrate them into the routine.
- Apply procedural changes to decrease production time.
- Relate a situation that produced a saving of time and energy.
- Use a procedure to decrease cost and increase quality of a product.
- Examine a unit layout and identify possible improvements.
- Compare two methods to determine the one that is the most efficient.
- Develop a new innovative system to increase output.
- Evaluate the alternative of proposed systems of preparation and service.
Course content may take a few minutes to display fully.
The course is intended for nutrition professionals
OnCourse Learning is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a level 2 course with suggested CDR learning codes of 7090, 7140, 8020, 8030, 8050, 8070 and performance indicators of 13.1.2, 13.1.5, 13.2.6, 13.3.4.
OnCourse Learning is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This program has been approved for fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM). Granting prior approval does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
Course Originally Released on:
Date of Most Recent Review:
Course Termination/Update Date:
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. OnCourse Learning guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.