Reviewed and recertified in 2013. Essential for administrators and supervisors — and employees.
Lynne does it again! Continuing her series on hands-on management, she tackles the hardest part of the job: employees: how to find them, how to train them, how to keep them, what the law says about them. All in a logical, readable, practical package of principles, practices, strategies and tactics. Most chapters have scenarios and exercises to help you train yourself to act, not react, in specific situations. All come from a lifetime of experience in the real world.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Know the questions that an interviewer is allowed to ask
- Understand why it is illegal to ask for some information
- Know the laws that employees have to protect them from being mistreated
- Describe six factors that should be included in communication
- Identify points of information that should be included in orientation
- Explain why new employees need an orientation
- Discuss the basic assumptions of andragogy
- Compare andragogy to pedagogy
- List the elements that explain how adults learn
- Explain the parts of a behavioral objective
- List the five ingredients in good teaching
- Identify the ways information may be presented
- Explain the importance of on-the-job training
- Define the procedure used to prepare for in-service training
- Identify the levels of the cognitive domain
- Recognize the levels of the affective domain
- Explain how lesson plans are prepared
- Understand how a task breakdown is used by an employee
- Discuss why it is necessary to have coworkers understand each other
- Explain the importance of the evaluation process
- Describe the procedures used in disciplinary actions
- Understand the problems that could arise from improper termination
This course is intended for an interprofessional audience, including dietitians and health educators.
Dietitians: Take this version of the course to ensure you receive appropriate credit.
For the version accredited or approved for another profession, go to your specific profession at www.continuingeducation.com
. If you have a CE Direct login ID and password (generally provided by your employer), please log in as you normally would at lms.nurse.com
and search for this topic title.
OnCourse Learning is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider (#GD001) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). This course is a Level 2 course. Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 1070, 7020, 7090, 7190, 7200 and performance indicators: 14.4.1, 14.4.2, 14.4.3, 14.4.4, 14.4.5, 14.4.6
OnCourse Learning is also accredited by the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (provider # FBN 50-1489).
This program has been approved for fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers (CBDM). Granting prior approval does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
Course Originally Released on:
Date of Most Recent Review:
Course Termination/Update Date:
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. OnCourse Learning guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.