Continuing competency requirements are effective on February 1, 2015. For each renewal cycle (e.g., February 1, 2015 through December 31, 2016), OTs and OTAs must participate in the Continuing Professional Development Program (CPD).
For each renewal period, the CPD Program consists of the following elements:
- Completion of a Reflective Self-Assessment Tool (RSAT) and establishment of learning goals;
- Execution of a Learning Plan;
- Accrual of 24 hours of Professional Development Activities (PDA), no more than 12 hours will be credited in one category of PDA; AND
- Documentation and retention of Professional Development Activities (PDA).
Categories of PDA
PDA are organized into eight (8) categories:
• Coursework (includes continuing education activities)
• Fieldwork Supervision
• Group Study
• Independent Learning
• Volunteer Service
For more information visit The Colorado Office of Occupational Therapy