CE: 100 total credit hours of CME in the two-year license cycle (with license cycles ending on Dec. 31 of each even year)
- Twenty (20) of those credit hours must be completed in AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM activities.
- At least 12 hours of the 100 must be completed in activities related to patient safety or risk management and may be completed in either Category 1 or 2.
- The remaining credit hours shall be completed in either Category 1 or Category 2 approved activities.
Approved activities in the area of patient safety and risk management may include the following topics:
- Improving medical records and recordkeeping
- Reducing medical errors
- Professional conduct and ethics
- Improving communications
- Preventative medicine
- Healthcare quality improvement
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2015, all persons applying for issuance of an initial license shall be required to complete 3 hours of DPW-approved training in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements as a condition of licensure.
Additionally, EFFECTIVE WITH THE FIRST LICENSE RENEWAL AFTER JANUARY 1, 2015, all health-related licensees and funeral directors applying for the renewal of a license issued by the Board shall be required to complete at least 2 hours of Board-approved continuing education in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements as a condition of renewal.
For more information visit The Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine.